- Each person has been informed through our booking process of the sacred indigenous master plant medicines that will be administered. This is fully optional with absolutely no pressure to partake. We will offer a homeopathic dose for beginners —to a full dose for experienced participants. You will have ample time to ground in guided meditations, integrate and receive guidance and support upon returning home. Prajna offers an online video talk meditation on most Thursdays to support your ongoing integration. To receive this support please subscribe to Awakening Prajna on Youtube
- Silence is the foundational medicine of our retreats, the ground of being, with or without indigenous plant medicines; this is your birthright and always accessible.
- Marijuana and all street drugs must be stopped two weeks prior to the start of our retreat and may not be resumed for two weeks following the close of retreat. These are contraindicated with indigenous medicine and can be severely dangerous when combined. If you are currently suffering from addiction or have suffered from addiction in the recent past, the time required to be clear of these substances may vary. Marijuana is energetically contraindicated with Grandmother, and may block or negatively affect both the experience of the person that has used marijuana, as well as negatively impact the group experience. All participants will be impacted if you do not take this seriously. If this is not honored we will not be able to allow you to participate in certain aspects of the retreat.
On this retreat we are unable to accommodate guests with any of the below conditions, as these situations are too great a risk and we would be unable to ensure your safety and that of the group during this retreat:
- Unable to follow diet requirements.
- History of psychotic breaks, manic episodes or experiences with depersonalization.
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Women that are pregnant
- Women who will have your moon cycle during retreat. Please contact us.
Ideally, it is best to discontinue your use of any and all herbal supplements at least two weeks prior to the start of retreat to avoid any energetic or pharmacological contraindications with Grandmother; however, it is mandatory that you discontinue these at least 3 days prior to the start of retreat. Grandmother can be a very powerful tool in a person’s healing journey and support liberation; however, each experience is completely singular to each person. Individual circumstances can vary greatly and for this reason, there are no guarantees that any certain degree of healing will be achieved or any condition cured. It is important that each person come dedicated to the truth of their being, their own healing journey and is willing to make the commitment that it requires before, during and after the retreat.
- For a Complete Guide of Foods and Medications to Avoid with Ayahuasca in reference to MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) please refer to this Website
- If you have not done so yet please download our free guide to read more about retreat preparation.
Prior to coming to Retreat, a more restricted diet is most beneficial two weeks prior to the start of retreat, and two weeks after the close of retreat. This diet is according to traditional Shipibo traditions and is used to prepare oneself for working with Indigenous plants, as well as show respect to the spirit of the plants. Increasing the amount of time you follow this diet will only benefit your overall direct experience.
THE BASIC DIET PREPARATION:
The basic requirement is a healthy diet close to the earth (fruit, veggies, grains, beans, chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, mild and fresh herbs: basil, cilantro, cumin) and good hydration. Please abstain before and after retreat for at least one week, 2 weeks is preferred:
- Salt (every third day you can go lightly with salt, abstain 3 days prior)
- Strong Spicy foods such as chili, cayenne, black pepper, onion, garlic…
- Dairy, processed, deep fried and greasy foods
- Fermented foods
- Carbonated beverages
- Caffeine: if able give your system a break from caffeine, you know your body best.
- Sugar: pure honey, maple syrup, fruit in moderation are ok
- Healthy oils are ok— in moderation (extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil)
- Ezekiel or spelt breads – in moderation
- Red meat (off pork 3 weeks before and after)
- Marijuana, mushrooms, alcohol, medications or recreational substances
- All sexual activity (with self, others and the media)
- Violent or disturbing media (images that are disturbing to the mind)
It is very helpful to empty yourself as much as possible and arrive in a space ready to receive these sacred sacraments. As soon as you have made the commitment to commune with silence, our master plant teachers, the power of retreat begins to attend to you. Open, relax and take very good care of yourself. You will have no regrets.